Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Go!

Well.... I jumped the gun and started my journal today.  I couldn't wait..... I wrote and wrote until my hand hurt and then I wrote a little bit more.  God moves at paces we cannot fathom -- sometimes at what we would consider a snail's pace and sometimes at the speed of light.  One interesting thing.... within about 10 minutes of finishing, I had a phone call from some company, wanting to send me a curriculum for marriage classes.  Sorry... .we don't need that right now at our church.  But the woman and I talked and as I surfed their website and talked to her, I found what might make a GREAT curriculum for short term Bible Study classes.  Now, I had just prayed for God to slow me down enough that I don't miss things that are needed and to help me help the congregation.... and then the phone rings!  My only comment was (in my round about way of thanksgiving) was, "You're good... you're really good!"  And He is.

So far... so good!
~D

3 comments:

  1. I am always amazed by my surprise when God response to my prayers.....First,I am taken by the fact that He takes time to answer my prayers....that he knows exactly what is good for me even when I don't...or don't like the answer...Secondly, that He knows me by name....WoW.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing, isn't it? And yet, He is God -- He knew us before we were born, before the creation of the earth. Whenever I find myself amazed, I stop and thank Him for all the amazing things He does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is good to do, I will remember to stop and thanks Him....for He has been very generous in His blessings in my life.....

    ReplyDelete