Sunday, August 29, 2010

Get set...

The only thing that makes a journal is the written word, kept together with others.  It doesn't have to be fancy.  It doesn't have to be beautifully bound.  It doesn't have to be leather covered.  It just needs to be together.

As we embark on this journey, it will be interesting to see what each of us uses as our prayer journal.  Because this will give us an opportunity to see how and when prayers are answered, it will be critical to keep the writing together, but outside of that, the sky's the limit!

We have a dozen or so composition notebooks and pads available at the church, if you'd like one.  Many people said, "Oh, I have a journal I'll use."  I bought a special journal for this project. My friend, Viola (who is an incredible artist), is going to use a sketchbook.  I can't wait to hear what sort of art is inspired through her prayer journal.

Whatever you choose to use... I hope it will draw you into a closer relationship with God.  That's the point of this journey.... and all that He asks.

Until later... Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment