Friday, August 27, 2010

On your mark...

We've been talking about prayer journals for a while now and I've been anxiously awaiting the start.  Now... I have no earthly idea why I'm waiting until September 1, but I seem to be.  My thought that this would be a month-long project, I think, gave it an 'end' time because it seems that many people are less hesitant about taking on something new when it isn't a 'no end in sight' sort of thing.  My hope, however, is that this will be so useful, so spiritually nurturing that it will become a life-long, interwoven piece of my life -- and the lives of others.

I am anxious, too, to see what others are feeling about this new spiritual discipline.  What will it be like for us to sit down and begin a written conversation with God?  What will be those things over which we trip and fall?  What will be the things that make our hearts soar?  Hence, this blog -- an opportunity to share that piece, the process piece and to feed from the collective energy this is sure to generate.

I hope you will join in this journey.  See where it takes you and where it takes others and make it a beneficial part of your life.

~Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment